Monday, March 30, 2009

Washing Day

This pictures looks like a perfect day doing laundry. ~sigh~

Doing laundry around here these day is comical. We don't have a washing machine!
It's a very long story and I won't bore you with the details. We do have a dryer though.
So this weekend I went to the laundry mat, with three big loads of dirty clothes.


Actually, it is a very fast way of doing all the clothes at once. If you get there early enough you can fill all the machines you want.
So, here I am right there when the doors open. I pile all the clothes into three machines. Plunk my quarters in (yes, you have to have quarters). And now I'm ready to do some erands. There is a Dollar Store close by, Donut Shop, and my grocery store. The wash took 37 minutes. That gave me just the right amount of time to get some last minute items for our daughter's birthday dinner. When I got back I forgot to push start on the last machine - eek! The owner was nice enough to start the machine, after he saw that the light was flashing. So, I ran home and put the ice cream in the freezer and headed back for the last load.

Then I noticed that I was the only one who had a "cute" laundry basket. The other gentlemen came with plastic garbage bags and a suitcase (?). You meet the nicest people in the laundry mat while washing your clothes.



2 comments:

  1. Life may not be perfect for me right now, but I am still thankful for small mercies! I am thankful for my washer/dryer! I've been married over 20 years now, and I still remember our laundromat days in college -- and I *still* count my blessings almost every time I do laundry - that I don't have to do it at the laundromat anymore! LOL Here's hoping your washer problem is solved soon.

    Thanks for your kind comments over at my blog. We're sending our thoughts and prayers your son-in-law's family! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! It makes for a rough day when the washing machine is on the brink. My husband and I didn't have a washer or dryer the first 4 years of our marriage so I have spent a lot of time in laundromats. My washer and dryer are still my most prized possessions!:-) Hope yours is fixes soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails