Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break Projects



"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."


-- Margaret Atwood


Well, I do smell like dirt! I worked outside in our yard most to the day. It is still pretty cold but the sun warmed things up. I'm waiting to see when I can start planting my seeds. So most of the day was spent cleaning out flower beds and picking up tree branches from all the wind storms. The lawn was mowed and the smell of grass being cut filled my soul.



Wow, maybe it will stop snowing and we will have Spring!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






This is what I have planned for part of this week. Now that the flower beds are cleaned up, I will be spreading this.








The Rose Garden is coming along. I think I lost two of them because of the harsh winter. I'll wait a little bit longer to see if there is any sign of life.
I can't wait for my first rose to be cut! Should be sometime in June.
More Spring Project to come....
I'm a busy girl this coming week!

4 comments:

  1. You are definitely going to be busy, but it looks like fun! Hope you have a great week and accomplish every thing on your list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped over via Wendy, hope you don't mind.

    Oh I love working in the yard too! I'm a CA girl but the weather still has been a little to cold for me to go outside. It's starting to warm up though.

    I hope you didn't lose any of your rose bushes. Thankfully they are hardy trees and can withstand alot. Our roses have started blooming and are so pretty. God's beauty never ceases to amaze me!

    Take care and have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People laugh at me because I say I like the scent of daffodils - and they smell like dirt. They do! In a good way! I like perfumy narcissus, too, but that fresh earthy spring smell is just so invigorating... thanks for sharing, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love working in the gardens - it's my most favorite thing to do.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails