Just one brick can help when you need some support or weight.
1. use it to prop a door open
2. when drying flowers, use it as a weight
3. if your dog has an accident, use it to help wick away the stain
5. if your Christmas tree tends to lean or fall over, use it as a weight at the base (if you go back to part 4 of my Christmas pics, you will see the tree being propped by this brick)
6. marking a spot where you left off.
7. use as a table scape prop, usually with a cloth over it.
8. to hold down the lid of your garbage can
9. helpful when doing any kind of crafts
10. conversation starter
This very brick is very special to me for several reasons.
I keep it around to remind me of my history and my Dad.
My dad and I were very close. He died about four years ago and I miss him everyday.
I grew up in the same neighborhood as my Dad did when he was growing up.
I went to the very same Elementary school. In fact, we had the same 5th grade teacher, in the same room! Only she was Mrs. Youngquist when I had her, not Miss Nelson.
She remembered my dad!
The little school grew old and they were knocking it down to build a brand new school.
So,my dad went up to the school, one night and brought back this brick.
He was so excited that he had a souvenir!
This is my simple pleasure, one very simple brick.
I keep it out to remind me of both my Dad and my history.
Dayle, over at A Collection of This and That,
is hosting Simple Pleasures.
Please join us every Thursday.