as a high school Attendance Secretary.
No vacation.... just a break.
Tom, my husband, has also taken a week long break from his job.
Together, we are tackling "projects" around the house.
He works, I supervise.
I just love being home and piddling around the house.
I had promised Lulu (grand daughter) that I would bake her a Dump Cake.
And from the looks of it, it was a hit.
This is the recipe:
• 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
• 1 can (21 ounces) Cherry Pie Filling
• 1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
• 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
2. Dump pineapple with juice into pan. Spread evenly. Dump in pie filling. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over cherry layer. Sprinkle pecans over cake mix. Dot with butter.
3. Bake 50 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
There is some controversy about this recipe.
Should you mix the cake, according to the directions on the box or
just add the cake mix dry (sprinkle?).
I mixed the cake mix according to the box directions.
So, I didn't add the 1/2 stick of butter.
Plus, a cake without frosting just isn't cake.
At least not in our house.
I added whip cream to the cake...ummmmm good!
I'm enjoying my break!