Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tick,Tick,Tick...

Time Is Ticking Away...

My Trey Day's are coming to an end.
(we are moving to Idaho really soon)

I'm trying not to get very emotional
 but I can't help myself.
The tears just flow!

I love this little guy so much!
So.....
This post is for you Trey.
I want you to remember all the fun we have had.
(This is going to be long and full of pictures.)
This is a picture of the first time I held you.
Our first kiss!
I was your mom and dad's Doula
and I watched you come into this world,
 that early, August morning.

One of the first gifts I gave you was a small pillow that announced, 
A Star Is Born!
From that day, you have been my little star.

When your mom went back to work and
 I had the privilege, honor and 
delight of taking care of you, one day a week. 
For two and a half years,
we had this weekly date,
 that lasted from morning until night.

    
I've had the pleasure to peek in on you,

during nap time while you slept
and sometimes you were awake.


Oh!!, the things we learned and have done!
I don't know who learned more,
you or me!

One of our regular outings, was 
to walk down to the "Club House".
It's really the grocery store but to us,
 it's a whole other world,
full of excitement!

It just so happens to be 
the very same store that MY
dad took your Dad, and Aunt Kimmy, 
when he babysat them.

My dad was the one who started calling it, The Club House.
 He'd buy them ice cream.
I know your Dad and Kimmy
 remember those times.
I'm hoping you will remember our visits.
 We'd stop by the bakery and
 enjoyed the free cookies.
This picture was taken on St. Patrick's' Day.
They were handing out green mustaches.
                  Last Sept          and         January

The table where we sat is right across from
Marty, "The Cheese-man".
You were comparing your hats this day.

 After our cookie time, we'd walk the isles.
Our favorite, was the Pet isle.
You liked looking at the pictures of
the dogs and cats on the labels.

If we had something to mail, 
it was your job to put the envelope into the slot.

There are so many other things we did while roaming the store.
Like looking at the crabs and lobsters,
getting free samples or buying an occasional balloon.

Our last stop would be in front of the store,
for the "Annual Seasonal Picture"
I first started plopping you down on the pumpkins.
Then, as the seasons changed, so did the produce in front to the store. 
Great photo-ops!

Walking to "The Club House" 
was a really fun morning walk.

 Rainy days we played with the camera and laughed at ourselves.
Occasionally, we would dress up with hats
 or put on my glasses for fun.

 


Our afternoon walks were full of discovery.
For several months we watched 
a home being built in your neighborhood. 
It was our afternoon walks, 
when we'd stop by to see the progress.
These walks were full of surprises.
 We'd come across some of the most interesting
things. 
 Here you are Trey, spelling out the word you had found.

We even stopped to talk to the Patrol Officer.
She turned on the vehicle flashing lights for you.

Let's not forget going to Uncle Steve's garden.
Shhh ...I don't think we have ever told him that 
we picked some of his treasures!

Our walks usually ended by picking 
a bouquet of dandelions for your mommy.
We made sure she had fresh ones on Trey Days!

There were so many other things that we did,
like Table Time.
Playing Cars,
Singing,
Baking,
Playing with bubbles in the sink,
Reading,
Swinging,
Shopping, 
but most of all...

Loving each other!

Trey, you are my shining STAR!
"I love you more then there are stars in the sky!"

Love, Ommie



18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! The tears are flowing down my cheeks, because I understand your love and your heart and not wanting to say goodbye. This is one of the sweetest, most loving posts, done for a little guy that stole your heart, and will continue to steal it, but in a different way. As I read this post, he stole mine too.
    I promise to pray for you whenever you come to my mind, as you face this huge move. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...I hope there are MANY travels back to visit Trey! He needs his Ommie! Such sweet times...loved all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've known... and felt for you over this, Christine. Sending big hugs and lots of love your way... I know you will love him just as much from afar... and the road will never be too long. blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet!! You're a wonderful Ommie and I bet he'll never, EVER forget a single Trey-Day, of his life!

    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this must be rippin' your heart out friend. God bless ya. Sometimes the best decisions come at a price, and it's not easy. But I know you'll enjoy your visits, and Trey will have to come out and visit all his cousins. Keep you chin up. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,
    Oh, dear....how blessed you were to have those two and a half years. I don't get to see my granchildren very often and it is soooo hard. Your pictures made me glad for you. blessings to you - Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine,
    Oh, dear....how blessed you were to have those two and a half years. I don't get to see my granchildren very often and it is soooo hard. Your pictures made me glad for you. blessings to you - Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well the tears started flowing. I so remember her pregnancy and the delight of you getting to have him one day a week. I also now know the joy of my grands and can't imagine not seeing them as much. I also know you will enjoy the other grands. So glad you had this time and will have time again. Precious pictures and memories...what a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a treasure of memories you will have to carry to your new home. I hope you get to come back and see him often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful post and such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, what a cutie! Easy to see why you will miss him so much! Such wonderful memories and I love it that the grocers is the clubhouse! Guess they'll just have to come visit often!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. From one grandma to another - this post brought tears to my eyes. Tick, tick, tick . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I'm nearly crying just at the thought of you moving away from Little Trey, Christine.
    You have made so many wonderful memories I know neither of you will ever forget and I'm sure he'll be coming to visit his Ommie to make even more special memories! Hang in there Christine..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Christine, I am crying at the thought of you losing your Trey Days. But you aren't losing Trey. There is a special bond between you that will always be there. You are fortunate to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooooo... beautiful post and lots of wonderful photos of great memories.

    Sending you hugs...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a sweet love post. my heart aches for you. God will strengthen you and help you through this new leg of the journey. Skype will certainly help...praying for many more
    memories with your sweet Trey.

    you are a wonderful Ommie!

    Kimmie
    Mama to 8
    One homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails