Wednesday, November 22, 2017

It's Official!

The Torch has been passed!
 
Thanksgiving has always been at our home.
For years we would have family and friends over to share the holiday.
 Sometimes it would be a surprise who would show up.
New recipes were tried out,
(one time we mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes, didn't go over well!)
 
One memorable Thanksgiving we had a house full of hungry people and the power went out!
 God was good because all the cooking was finished.
We were just about to sit down.
We were in the dark
 
We ran around collecting all the candles we could find.
Thanksgiving continued by candle light,
without a hitch.
Lots of memories for me, at this time of the year.
 
Which leads me to the torch being passed.
Kimmy has now started her new family traditions, at her home.
 
This year she is having 30 people.
I mentally fought the thought of not serving the Thanksgiving dinner, anymore.
Until this year!
It all started when Kimmy asked to borrow some little knives
 so she could use them for a cheese spread.
Sure! I said.
I pulled out my assortment of tiny knives.
They look pitiful!
 
I couldn't send these over.
So I bought her some new, matching knives.
This made me think,
I'm no longer making Thanksgiving dinner.
 
All week long Kimmy has been preparing for Thanksgiving.
She has been sending me pictures of her excitement.
 
They put up their Christmas tree
 
 
Isaac was so excited!
 
 Levi put up the nativity scene.
 

Kimmy cleaned her oven...

 Washed the crystal that has been
the traditional cranberry dish for years.
(it was passed down a few years ago)
 
 Candy bowls were filled, to the brim!
 
 Today, she texted me, the turkeys are in the ovens.
 
Kimmy is even trying out new recipes!
Yes, it's official.
 
THE TORCH HAS BEEN PASSED!
 
It's makes me so happy to see how she has grown into
a woman who loves the Lord and
 serves with her heart.
 
Kimmy it is my pleasure
to give you the torch!
(Or should I say, spreading knives.)
 
I love you!
 
 
~~~~****~~~~
 
"Children are an inheritance from the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."
 
Psalm 127: 3-5
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Thanksgiving story! I can't imagine tackling a dinner for 30 people, and certainly not my first time. I am sure you will make many new memories in this chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The switch from host to guest is a monumental one. Lucky for you the one taking it over is an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes, Christine. There is so MUCH in the passing of the torch... bittersweet, wonderful, amazing, joyful... the continuity... family... love of the Lord... Yep. Brings a tear to my eyes. A beautiful thing indeed. Congratulations on a job well done. Happy Thanksgiving! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for Kimmy to have your help and blessing in putting together her own Thanksgiving meal and traditions! Such a wonderful, somewhat bittersweet event, I'm sure! It looks like she had some wonderful helpers too :) Hugs to you today Christine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails