Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Flu Season, Are You Ready?


People have been making Elderberry Syrup for years.
The benefits are amazing.
The berries help prevent and treat flu, colds, coughs, sinus pain. 
Well, the lists goes on.

click here for more info.

 I have been taking a tablespoon a day,
since the end of September.
Not even a cold!

Tom on the other hand,
 just finished with the worst bronchitis!
He didn't take the syrup.
(no, it wasn't part of a scientific experiment, even though he thinks it was)


 I ordered my dried berries from Amazon.
The process is very easy.
Boil, strain, add honey, pour into a bottle
and refrigerate.


It's amazing, only one tablespoon.

🔹*****🔹

Yesterday, we received a little bit of snow.
Not much, but enough
to cover the ground and make everything white.


This neighborhood boy (green jacket) was out 
shoveling our neighborhood sidewalks.
It was so thoughtful.


Here's Tom taking out the trash.
Shorts and flip-flops!
At least he has a hat and coat on!!


"Oh Tom!
I have something for you,
And it's really good for you!!"

I think I'll order more berries today!

~~~~****~~~~

"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."
 3 John 1:2



7 comments:

  1. Howdy from Kansas. I just bought some elderberry concentrate from Wyldewoods Cellars to take. Hope it does the trick. A TBSP a day to keep the flu away.
    Blessings to you,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the photo of Tom taking out the trash! Does he walk around like that in the house? If so, he must either be warm blooded, or you keep your house warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow pictures. Tom must be hot nature. LOL! I bought some elderberry syrup from Walmart. Started out good by taking a teaspoon daily but over the holidays I seemed to have fallen off the wagon. Getting back on it though. I did not know you could make your own. Going to check it out. Do you think it's cheaper to make? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year I bought Sambucol Immune System Support Syrup, Black Elderberry at Walgreens and swear it worked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am back to taking it now since reading your post. I am taking a tablespoon a day for now. Actually, I am taking a swig out of the bottle! LOL! It's just me so what the harm, right?

      Delete
  5. Interesting to read about the Elderberry Syrup.
    Well done Tom for taking the trash out … but the photograph made me smile :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently attended a living history conference and one of the classes offered was learning to make elderberry syrup. Sometimes the old ways are best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails