Thursday, March 28, 2019

Lulu's Surgery Send Off


I wanted to do something SPECIAL for Lulu
while she was in the hospital and recovering from surgery.
 She will be away from home, on the other side of the country, in New Jersey

Being so far away from family, friends and home
will be hard.
So I thought about something that will put a smile on her face.

I made this card and had most of our church
  (we attend to the same church)
sign it and add a verse.
Then had friends write on a note card a prayer or 
encouragement for her.

But first I made a mock-up card.


I purchased all my supplies, plus some.


I used three pieces of tag board for the folder
part of the card.
Leaving space in between each piece, 
using packing tape to hold it together.


The flowered paper went on the outside,
I took a few clues from Pinterest on how to do 
fold the corners that are inside.



I covered up the folder part of the card with
 a blank piece of paper.
It came together very easily for me.



Next, I added some vinyl letters that read,
We Are Praying For You!
 Ribbon ties were added so it can close.
Plus, it looks cute with a bow.


The finished card.
Inside, are all the signatures.


Lulu has a lot of friends and I took pictures of
each one, mounted it on a  ziz zag frame, that I made.
That way Lulu can set it up in her hospital room.

Even her big card can stand up, it she chooses.
It flattens down for traveling.


I thought I was done but I wanted to have the
pictures and note cards from her friends to be apart
of the card.
So...


I added pockets made out of note cards and dollies.
I took a heart dollie and folded it in half, 
put it on the open end of the pockets.
Flower stickers were added for more "bling".


I can't wait to give it to her!
Lulu, I love you very much.


πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

My girlfriend's daughter, Megan made this T-shirt
and book bag for Lulu.


The shirt says;
"I just had spine surgery...
I'm all screwed up!"

Lulu wants to wear it on the plane coming home.
She loves it!


This young girl has been through a lot.
She will have a six week recovery time.

She also had surgery on her tendons (both legs),
a few years ago.
click here to read.

Prayers:
Lulu's surgery in on April 1st.
They fly back to New Jersey on March 30th.
Recovery is 5 days in the hospital and
about 5 days in the hotel.
Please, keep our family and Lulu in your prayers,

Lulu's little sister, Ila May, will be going with them to New Jersey.
She's helping keep Lulu company and give extra love.
Which in turn, helps with recovery!

Sisters and best friends!


When Lulu has fully recovered,
it will be Nathan's turn to have his skull surgery.
More prayers appreciated.

~~~~****~~~~

"No one has seen God at nay time; if we love one another, God abides in us and His love is perfect in us."

1 John 4:12




11 comments:

  1. Christine, I have it on my calendar for April 1 to pray for that sweet girl. As soon as you mentioned it I went right on then and added to my prayer calendar for important prayer. Please keep us posted. What a precious card and I am loving the shirt. The Lord has that sweet girl in the palm of His mighty hands! WOW...what an awesome place to be. Hugs to you Christine. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Like the t-shirt too. Praying for Lulu that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a kind and heatfelt gift. I am sure it is very precious to Lulu and aided her recovery immensely. Blessings to you for sharing such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky Lulu is to have you for a grandmother! Prayers for the whole family coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reposted comment. I made a grammar error. I'm not a typist. Tried again.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post. Prayers for all. God bless each one of you and may healing take place. Lovely card.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muito bonito. Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine~

    I have been on a blog break, and just read your post today. I pray that all went well with Lulu's surgery. What a brave young woman! The card you made was just gorgeous, I'm sure it lifted her spirits and made her feel very loved!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails