Sunday, August 11, 2019

HERE WE GO AGAIN!


🎵 "All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go.." 🎵
~ John Denver ~

Salt Lake City here we come!
For the second time!

(click here for the 1st trip)

We leave on Aug. 13th and 
driving (caravan) down.

This time we are staying in Park City,
where the 2002 Olympics were held.

Don't know much about that area but,
 I'm sure I'll find out!

Nathan is having 
Cranial Vault Remolding Surgery.

Nathan was born with his skull fused together, no soft spot.
The Dr.'s will open up his
scalp, remove and remold his skull,
then put it back.
This surgery is, an all day operation.

Whew! 
Big surgery for this very special and happy little guy! 


Below are views from the top of his head. 


See his elongated head?


He crawls everywhere, stands and really, really wants to walk.
But nothing stops him!
Not even getting stuck on the bottom shelf!


We haven't seen Kimmy and family for over three weeks.
Even though they live just down the street.

For two of the three weeks, we were in Seattle.
The third week we sequestered ourselves.

Coming back from Seattle, we didn't want to bring anything back, that might be passed on to anyone in the family.
Not taking any chances, this time.
Plus, we wanted to rest up from the Seattle trip before we go to Salt Lake City.

We've stayed in contact with the family by using 
Marco Polos (video texting) and Face-timing. 
I like technology for this reason.

Tom and I have continued with our juicing.


Keeping healthy has been really important.


Cheers!



We all have been preparing for this second trip, 
especially, Kimmy. She has thought of everything!

Nathan is growing so fast and needed clothes that will be able to go over his head, after surgery.

New Outfits!


Only outfits that zip or snap 
down the front will do!




He's going to be the best dressed little guy in Salt Lake City!


I won't be blogging for few weeks.
Tom and I are on "Grandparents Duty", while Kimmy and Mark are in the hospital.
Nathan will be in the hospital for 5 days and
 recovering for another 5 days,
at the home we have rented.


I will try to keep you updated.
Kimmy will be posting at her blog.

We are asking, again, 
for prayers;

Travel safety
Health and safety for everyone
Successful surgery (August 15th)
All the Doctors and Nurses 
To be able to share our story with others, in need of hope
Quick recovery
Back home safe and sound.

Thank You!



~~~~****~~~~




💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will surely help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10




7 comments:

  1. Thoughts and prayers continue for Nathan, and all who are a part of his life, including those who will be doing surgery and his caregiving. Prayers for strength for the journey.
    much love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious little guy. Will pray for all.
    I haven't tried juicing on my own where I actually juice but have drank pre-made juice from bottles and cans.
    Delicious way to get your veggies.
    All the best,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying dear friend for that sweet Nathan. And it's on my prayer calendar for Thursday too! God's Got This and that I know. Stay healthy, stay safe and stay drawn to the ONE that all He has to do is SPEAK and the mountains will bow before Him. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Nathan. In fact, Joe and my entire Bible Study is too. Love you and your family and hope you will let us know soon how everything went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a sweetie!! I love that age, they are so full of wonder and energy!! I am sending thoughts and prayers to you all and to the doctors, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Nathan is sure a cutie, as are all your grands. And he is blessed with what must be the best parents/grandparents in the world.All of you!!! Your solid faith is such a testimony to so many. Yes...you will have prayers going up from so many places, and even now as you are traveling. God bless you and your family dear friend. You know HE is with you always.
    Hugs Chris...
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. PRAYING TODAY FOR NATHAN. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails