Friday, January 10, 2020

Talk Talk Talk

For several years Tom and I have been talking about getting....

A DOG!

We'd go over the Pros vs. Cons
Both categories were really long.
So we kept putting it off .
Then the DOG talk would come up.
Going through the process all over again.

I'm the one who really didn't want a dog.
But if I did get a dog, I had some 'doggy' requirements.

I wasn't looking for a certain breed.
 I was however, looking for very specific qualifications!


* Non shedding.
* Great with noisy grandchildren, of all ages.
* Not big and not really small.
* Easily trainable.
* Able to travel well
* Cute
You get the picture... one that was really hard to find! (hehe)

I researched what type of dog fit my list.
Found the perfect breed.
GOLDEN DOODLE
Found a breeder who lives in the Boise area!
($$ These dogs are very pricey $$)

The wait list was LONG and it was a lottery!
I applied last year. And then this year, on January 8th.
Both times, we had to deal with the lottery.

On the way to church, I got a text message from the Breeder, 
asking if we were interested in a 'Guardian' program.
 What is the Guardian program?

We would get a pure breed stud and keep him until needed
 for breeding purposes, only.
(Which takes about a half an hour!)

The male is a mini poodle, puppy, 5 months old.
He is housebroken.
Doesn't shed.
Crate trained.
Mild and very calm, loves people.
Doesn't bark.
Will get up to 12 pounds.
And he is FREE, no cost!

An answer to our prayers.
We picked him up that next Monday and took him home.
He came as Banjo.
And we liked it, so he's keeping the 
name Banjo.



Here come the pictures.....












And you know what ???
Someone else fell in love with him!

Kimmy and her whole family !!!!




Banjo has his first grooming tomorrow!
That will be fun to see!


~~~~****~~~~

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Romans 15:13












13 comments:

  1. He is adorable! That sweet face! I'd want to snuggle him all the time. I've never heard of this arrangement either but what a great way to give them real homes with good families. Give banjo a nose kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the jackpot with him! Sooooo cute.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an adorable little ball of fluff. I'd love him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Christine! Meant to be for sure. He's just adorable. I love his little face at the door and honestly in that picture of him on the carpet, he doesn't even look real. Too sweet! Congratulations and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is priceless, Christine, congratulations, on finding Banjo, your requirements were just like mine, and when jack came to us he met all those requirements,
    . Dh and I are having the same conversations about getting a new one, when we do I hope to find one like Banjo! Thank you for sharing,
    Much love to you and your new addition.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine!

    What a darling little pup!! I'm so happy that you were able to be a guardian to this sweet boy! I've heard that Golden Doodles are the perfect dog, and he's so cute!!

    After we lost our Lab, I told Bob that I didn't think I could ever have another dog - then we puppysat my daughters dog for a couple of weeks. We both loved having him here and really missed him when they came home. One day I'll be ready to think about it again.

    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, my blogging friends sure are special!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie. Thank you for the beautiful Bible verse.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Christine! He is adorable. I have two granddogs. A girl and a boy. So I see them quite often and have even baby sat them. You surely got your answer to prayer. Hugs and blessings to you. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is adorable! Isn't it amazing how these little creatures just work their way into our hearts? He's perfect for you and Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photographs - he looks so cute.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to see photos of you and Tom together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails