Friday, February 26, 2021

Long Time Coming

I have waited for awhile to show you 
what has been happening around our home.

AN ADDDITION!

This is what our home looked 
like several months ago.


Then it looked like this...


We added 400 sq. ft. to the back of our home.
The covered patio is now our new Family Room and
(my favorite part) a Dining Room!


We added a Barn Door, which used to be an outside door.


Still working on finishing touches to the inside.

This is Don, who is Kimmy's Father-In-Law,
Mark's dad.


He agreed to build us custom bookshelves.
He flew up from Oregon and is staying with 
Mark, Kimmy and 6 grandkids!
It's a win-win-win for everyone.

Tom has been Don's helper!

We still need to add the doors to the lower cabinets,
and painting the whole thing.
Then hanging the TV, 
next to the tall bookshelf.


The shelf that goes all the way
 across to the Barn Door, 
will have art work, 
leaning up against the wall.

When Spring comes, we will be heading outside,
redoing the backyard.
(That will be another blog post.)

***************************
Below are some pictures of our progress.
























Our dining room Before...



After...


We have three huge windows, that look out onto our backyard.
I have my desk/ sewing table that looks outside.


My favorite part is having enough room to fit
our family around the table for 
our Tuesday Night Dinners!


Praising God for His hand on all of this!

I'll miss the old patio, 
but not as much as I am enjoying our new space.



This is my view, when I blog!
No matter the weather, it's a joy to look outside!


What a blessing!


~~~~****~~~~


"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we many sing for joy and be glad all our days."

Psalm 90:14





6 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing...and love those windows. Enjoy your new view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH... I ABSOLUTELY love this for you. How wonderful to be able to spread out more...
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I wish I had room to add on to my house. That new room is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine~

    What a beautiful addition! I love your dining room, what a great place to enjoy your family! The windows are perfect, what a blessing for sure!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my what a beautiful room!
    the change is HUGE... love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails