Sunday, August 7, 2022






Celebrating : One Thousand Posts!

A thousand posts is a lot and yet for some, it's not.
Life is full and time is short.
So, with that said, I want to reminisce a little,
here we go... 

~~~***~~~

January 3, 2009 was my first blog post.
 Not knowing what blogs were and lurking around at a few blogs,
 I finally figured out what they were and I joined the fun.
I taught myself everything by trial and err.

Fun Facts:

I created my first Blog under another name.
I called it Windsor Vista, the neighborhood we lived in.
I forgot (or more like didn't know) how to get back to it and lost it.
~~
My first comment was from 
(And she is still with me.)
I made so many "friends"  along the way. 
I knew their families, sorrows and joys.
is another loyal friend.
  Most blogging friends have sadly, faded into the computer.
~~
When I finally learned how to add 
 pictures from my camera, 
blogging became more personal.
My first picture that I took was a profile 
of Kimmy and Lulu's little hands
~~

1000 Candy Hearts.

At the time I started blogging, 
I had a full time job at a local high school;
We had been in our home for 24 years;
Was an Empty Nester;
 Tom and I had celebrated 30 years marriage;
and we had
one Grandchild,  Lulu who was 1 yr.

1000 Tiny Lights

The main reason I started blogging,
was for my grandchildren. 

I grew up not knowing my two Grandmothers.
Actually, I really only had one Grandma 
and I didn't see much of her before she died.

Today, Lulu logs onto her computer and reads my blog!
So, I will continue to write and share my life.
There might be a chance that the 
other 8 grand kids might be logging on someday.


 
1000 Red Roses

Most used Labels:

                      Family   = 361 entries
 Capturing Moments   = 316 entries 
           Grandchildren   = 243 entries 

I talk a lot about my family!

One Thousand Gallesies

Kimmy, our daughter, will sneak onto my blog and do a surprise a post. Those are fun!

Tom prof reads and has saved me from many embarrassing moments.
He will also be my photographer, in a pinch. He has improved his camera skills immensely.

We’ll be driving and I yell, STOP! 
He’ll slam on the brakes while I’m reaching for my camera and set up for the perfect picture.
Tom will look at me, while he is backing up the car and
ask, "Did you get the picture?".
What a great Blogger Husband!


One Thousand Dollar Bill

We have moved three times.
3+3+3= Nine grandchildren.
Three dogs.
Three churches.
Three computers.
Three hospital stays.

One Thousand People

Same husband
Same hairstyle
Same best girlfriend
Same favorite color

One Thousand Apples

A lot of things have changed since I've started blogging. 
I have grown in knowledge and understanding.
And my hair is grayer. 

The one and only thing that will 
never change is my
Faith. 
All the things that I have been through, 
I know God was, is and will be with me.
 I love Jesus 
And I look forward to being with Him.

One Thousand Pennies

I want to thank all of you for your kind support, ideas and sweet friendships.
Until next time...

Hugs!

~~~~****~~~~

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not parish but have eternal life."

John 3:16






 

7 comments:

  1. 1,000 posts is a lot. Congratulations! This was a great post, and I learned some new things about you. I didn't know you were employed at a high school. Were you a teacher? I've enjoyed keeping up with you and your beautiful family. And I agree with you. . .Tom is a great Blogger Husband! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1000 Christine! I just quickly looked over your entry here but will be back to read in full. I noticed I already follow your blog. Yay!

    Blessings to you Christine! I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 1,000! What an achievement. I don't know how many posts I have. Now you made me want to go back and find out.
    Thank you so much for the shout out! I am so very glad we are friends. I was told you can't make real friends online. But I think you can, and I count you among my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 1000 to you dear lady. I am happy to blog with you and enjoy your blogs. We are a lot alike....OUR FAMILY and FAITH! Happy Week to you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm glad to see bloggers hang on that long:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I so enjoyed this little wander through your memories of your blogging journey. What a milestone to reach 1000 posts! And to think I was your first commenter way back then. That is cool. It's been a real pleasure to travel our blog journeys together and to get to know each other a little along the way. I have enjoyed meeting your lovely family too and seeing pics of the many little (and big) adventures you and Tom have undertaken. Here's hoping there will be many more posts in your future for us to enjoy. Many blessings wished for you. Thanks, Christine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails