Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Laundry Day (finally)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<




<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I had to said good-by to all my friends at the local laundry mat. For Mother's Day my husband bought me a washing machine. (No,this isn't the one we bought.) We purchased one from a Recycle Store, so it's not new but it does a great job. Actually, it is better then the one we had before and it was a new!



We gave our broken washing machine to the same place that we bought the "new" one. What goes around, comes around.
So, no more laundry mats. No more trying to find enough quarters. No more lugging dirt clothes out of the car. No more embarrassing mistakes.




Did I ever tell you, that the first time I went to wash our clothes, I put them in what I thought was the washing machine. The employee laughingly shouted out to me my mistake. Beat red, I quickly found an empty machine.




We are having so much fun washing clothes. We have run out of dirty clothes and now we are washing clean clothes! Oh, there's the beep...more clean clothes.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2 comments:

  1. I still consider my washer and dryer my most prized possession. For 5 years I went to the laundromat and it was not a pleasant experience. Glad you got a new washer! Who knew washing clothes could be so much fun!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our modern conveniences - so easily taken for granted until we don't have them. One of my favorite things is a hot shower, and the most missed if the power goes out in the winter! Have fun re-washing your clean clothes!!! : ) Thanks for stopping by my blog! ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails