Sunday, May 17, 2009

Syttende Mai

17th of May, commonly known as “Syttende Mai,” Norway’s Constitution Day




I was raised to be proud of my heritage. My father was born in Ballard, which is a community that has a high population of Norwegians. I grew up in a neighborhood of Scandinavians who's families fished for a living. I was surrounded by all the traditions and memories from the "old country". It was a standing joke that my dad would question me, when I gave blood, "Did you give some of your good Norwegian blood?".




So today, I will again celebrate with all my friends and family.

Out comes all the colors.










If you look carefully, you can see that the back of these napkins were made in Sweden!
Don't tell my dad.
~Tidbit:
Shoelaces constantly coming undone? Dampen them before you tie them.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We should all be proud of our heritage. I had never heard of this holiday. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails