Saturday, November 7, 2009

#3 - Little Things That I'm Thankful For


I work in a High School of about 2,000 students, as the Attendance Secretary.
It is a busy job and I love it. Over the years, I have used volunteers to help me with the filing and phone calling. I won't go into to much detail but I use these volunteers everyday! Our PTA has been good to me and have recruited ten moms, who come up on their assigned days,
(two a day).
I am so thankful for these moms who take time from their day to come up and file notes and make phone calls home. I have enjoyed getting to know them and look forward to each new day.
So twice a year, Thanksgiving and Mother's Day, I give out Starbucks cards with a thank you card. I write a personal note to each of them. This is my way of giving a little something back to these special moms. Plus, they have to put up with my dumb jokes and stories, when they come to "work". I have gotten to know some really wonderful women.
~~~~~~Y~~~~~~
~Tidbit~
A simple but effective way to relieve dry skin and winter itch is to completely dissolve one cup of salt in a tub of water and bath as usual. For a more luxurious bath, try sea salt. Bathing in salt often works better than using expensive bath oils, but if you really want to use oil, a plain mineral will generally fulfill your needs.


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I know I would love a Starbuck's gift card, and even better a hand written note from the heart. I am glad you shared that. I also really appreciate the bath and salt idea. I was not aware of that, and will use that idea for me and my daughters, and our winter skin that seems dry already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother,
    Thank you for sharing all these things you are thankful for. I'm thankful for you and daddy and how close we are. And we will be even closer very soon!! Only a few weeks to go until we move!!
    Love Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of those 10 mothers to donate time with you each week and how nice of you to recognize it. I know the gift cards will be very much appreciated.

    I was always a volunteer mom when my kids were in school. I miss it but am so thankful for the time I was able to give. They were wonderful times for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet way to say thank you to those who give their time helping you during the week!

    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails