Six Week Bran Muffin Mix
4 C. All-Bran
2 C. Bran Flakes
1 C. Butter or Margarine
2 C. Boiling water
2 C. Sugar
1 C. Brown sugar
1 Qt. buttermilk
(use regular milk buy adding 1 tbsp.vinegar to 1 c milk)
5 C. Flour
1 T. Salt
5 t. Baking soda
1 C. Chopped nuts
2 C. Raisins
1. Melt butter/margarine, add boiling water, 2 C. All-Bran, 1 C. Flakes.
Let sit to cool.
2. Beat sugars and eggs in large bowl.
3. Stir in rest of Brans and buttermilk.
4. Stir in cooled bran mixture and sifted mixture of flour, soda and salt.
5. Stir in nuts and raisin.
6. Bake in greased muffin tins for 20 minutes @ 375 degrees.
7. Store in airtight container for up to six weeks, in refrigerator.
DO NOT STIR AGAIN.
Spoon out for as many muffins as your want.
I halved this recipe and still had plenty for the refrig.
Paper liners keep muffins fresh longer. They peel off easier on muffins served at room temperature rather than warm from the oven. For mini-muffins, use the paper cups used in