Sunday morning, I visited Todd and Stephanie.
I drove down to Tacoma (about an hour away) to see their newest additions.
They bought 8 baby chicks. They arrived in the mail!
Two have names.
Oprah is one because she's the power house.
Dora got her name because she runs around exploring everything.
I think her name should be Gumbo or Soup.
(Chicken Gumbo or Chicken Soup!)
These last two pictures I wasn't able to turn them.
This is a video of these cute little things,Here are a few of the most frequently expressed reasons people raise chickens:
* Easy and inexpensive to maintain (when compared to most other pets)
* Eggs that are fresh, great-tasting & nutritious
* Chemical-free bug and weed control
* Manufacture the worlds best fertilizer
* Fun & friendly pets with personality (yes, you read that right)
A pullet (young female) starts laying at about 20-24 weeks old. Her first eggs will be small. A hen will lay about 20 dozen (240) eggs in the first year and probably no more than 1000 in her lifetime