Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Do It Anyway"

The verses below reportedly were written on the wall of Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta, India, and are widely attributed to her.

Some sources say that the words below were written on the wall in Mother Teresa's own room, In any case, their association with Mother Teresa and the Missionaries of Charity has made them popular worldwide, expressing as they do , the spirit in which they lived their lives.

~*~*~*~


People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.



(Still fascinated with signs)

12 comments:

  1. Oh just the words I needed to hear today! Thank you for sharing!
    dee dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful words of wisdom! Thanks for sharing Christine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read this before but never heard it was attributed to Mother Theresa. These are such beautiful words of wisdom. Oh that we all would follow them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I've read this and it is profound wisdom. I struggle at times with expectations of other people when I shouldn't waste my thoughts. If I'm doing/acting/living the right way, then it's between me and God. Not me and anyone else or to seek approval.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Let's be kind anyway, and succeed anyway, and give our best anyway.

    The One who really matters is the only audience that truly counts.
    blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read that before, but because of some personal struggles I'm having lately, they spoke anew to me tonight. Thanks. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...aren't those perfect? She was very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine
    I love the sign!
    And the verses need to be were I can read them every day!
    I do try to remember not to let my left hand know what my right hand is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect words for today. I'm going to share them with my beloved. He has had a particularly difficult week. Thank you, Christine. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen..what encouraging words...thanks faithful one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great words for today, Christine! very encouraging and uplifting, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your weekend
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails