Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Backyard Tour

Well, it's been a little over two months
 since we have moved to Idaho.
Let's take a tour of the backyard.

This is the view of the back
 patio from our kitchen.
The red strip is a caution tape for a fast, moving,
6 year old,
 who doesn't stop to notice that the
screen is closed.
To the left is the eating area.

To the right is the visiting area.
~early morning sun~

The patio is the whole length of the house!
When we were looking for a home, 
I had three desires. 
A west facing house, a covered back patio
 and air conditioning 
I got them all!
In the far corner is our "Papa Bear".
Our kids gave this to Tom a few years ago
 for Father's Day.
He has been with us through all our moves.

The geraniums are very special to me.
The one on the left has been in our yard/patio for three years.
The one on the right has been with us for two years.
I have learned to "winter them over". 
I'm hoping to do it this winter, too.

This area is our "garden". 
(No, that's not a wishing well, it's our irrigation water.)

We are growing beans, peas, cucumbers, peppers and
hybrid, thorn-less, blackberries!
We have an apple tree and a peach tree, also.
What you can't see are the raspberries and grapes.

Ahhhh...cherry tomatoes and they are ready!
First thing I planted when I moved in.


One of my very favorite things to do in
our backyard,
 is to hang out the laundry.
I have been wanting to do this for years!

~~~~***~~~~


"By wisdom a house is built,and by understanding
it is established; by knowledge the rooms
are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
Proverbs 24:3-4

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this tour so much! Thank you for sharing it with us. I think it all looks so welcoming and makes me wish I could sit on that lovely porch and talk all afternoon. I also like that you can hang your wash out. Nothing better than clean wash brought in from the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have settled in well. Love the clothesline too, Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the happiness and joyful filled memories in your new home. It sounds like you are very happy. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is absolutely charming! Home Sweet Home!
    Hugs from Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful! I love that view of the patio from inside!

    I had to laugh at the caution tape...it's been a few years since we've had little boys bounce of the screen at full speed. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine and Tom, your home looks amazing! Looking forward to see more of your travels. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the back porch is so wonderful! And I also love a clothes line! And look at you this girl has tomatoes already! I can hear the happy in your writings!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your yard! I want to grow veggies so badly, but I have a groundhog who will eat them before I can ever get to them. I've tried fencing things off and he still gets to them. *sigh* Now he is eating my lilac bushes.

    I love hanging out my clothes too. Since I don't have a dryer I do it all the time.

    Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your new home and sorry to be so envious of that covered back porch and privacy. Red tape...what a good idea. All seems so orderly and good. It gets me thinking!
    Have a great week there in paradise. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our new patio has an eating area and a visiting area and until today I didn't know what to call them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Idaho is a wonderful country. I have been there several times. It has such a lovely atmosphere and I think it is blessed with special air!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very jealous of your tomatoes & laundry line! Maybe our day will come when we can enjoy the benefits of being on the other side of the mountains.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails