Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Visiting McCall

I love to visit McCall Idaho!

This is where my girlfriend lives 
with her husband.
We have known each other since,
I was 4 and Didi was 3.

Below is our Kindergarten picture!

Usually, Tom and I visit during the summer.
This year we decided to visit for
 McCall's world famous, 
Winter Carnival 
It takes us about 2 hours to get there 
and the
scenery was beautiful.


We didn't waste any time joining the thousands of
others, celebrating.

We looked at the ice sculptures and
took in a few of the other sights.

There were people ice fishing on Lake Payette.

For the fireworks show,
we had the best seats.
This is out on their patio.
If we got to cold,
 we'd run inside.

Next day...
We headed down to the parade,
 along with thousands of others.

The place was packed!
This is a definitely, a hometown parade.

The streets were blocked off and we hiked, walked
into town and found a perfect viewing spot..

Flags were hoisted and we all saluted.
Everyone cheered as the flag went by!

People on the floats and the princesses
 threw candy and beads.
Little kids, all bundled up in snow gear,
 would run for the loot.

It was cold but sunny! 
Best parade I've been to in years!


Didi and I went snowshoeing.
Or tried!
We laughed long and hard!
That's what you do when you know someone
 so well and for as long as we have
 (61 years!!).

Tom and I had never been to a Hockey Match.
But now we have.
I was more impressed with the
Zamboni.


LoveYou Didi  !!

~~~***~~~


"Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, but fervent in spirit, serve the Lord."

Romans 12:10-11

10 comments:

  1. Lifelong friends are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you had a blast. I love the school picture. I must say it looks a little too cold for me.....Hugs from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you must have had!! Good memories with dear friends ... can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love. love. love. your long running friendship with Dede! How great is that?!?! And, as usual, you and Tom are doing the most fun things! Enjoyed this so much! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you, Tom and your friends had so much fun! What can beat a parade, snowshoeing, hockey and especially old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous time all around! Nothing like memories made with old friends! How wonderful to experience such a wonderful winter carnival with all the snow sculptures! I loved the pictures of you snowshoeing too... so fun! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Longtime friends make the world a sweeter place. What a winter wonderland in McCall. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a lovely trip you had. It's always a joy to spend time with a special friend that has been part a of your life for so long. Cute photos of the two of you snowshoeing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have a friend you've enjoyed for almost a lifetime! Well, still plenty of time left. If I had one I'd try and get her to meet me in Mexico in a warm spot. Have a great weekend. I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun fete! I adore spending time with longtime friends. It's so special. I hope you'll stop by and enter the giveaway today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails