Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Mother


One week ago, I made another trip back to Seattle. Only this time is was to say "Goodbye" to my mother.
She was dying and not a believer.

My mom and I didn't have a relationship for the past 12 years.
Driving over, I had a sense of urgency,
knowing what I had to do.
 I needed to share the Gospel with her before she died.
 It is an 8.5 hour drive from my home.
My husband drove, while I kept reading,
Romans 10:13,
 over and over again.

"for Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

I had plenty of time to read and pray.
 I continued further in
Romans 10:14-17.

"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?
How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, ' How beautiful, are the feet of those who bring Good News of the good things!'
However, they did not all heed the good new; for Isiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?'
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ."

I knew what I had to do the minute I saw my mom, tell her about the Gospel.
 And I did!
 I also, wrote out the verse, Romans 10:13 on a piece of paper and taped it to the wall, 
so she could read it.

We talked about the thief on the cross who hung next to Jesus. 
We prayed and my mom became a believer!

All this after not seeing her for years!
The next 5 days were a blur.
 I know God used me and I was obedient.
He reconciled our relationship!

Praise God!

My mother and I talked about Heaven, we sang songs, we laughed and prayed.

It is NEVER too late to reach out to anyone.

My mom died on Saturday night, after telling me,
 " I'm going.".
She was peaceful and happy.
I now know where she is and I will see her again.


~~~~****~~~~


I will continue to write about my relationship with my mom
over the next few weeks.
This will allow my grandchildren
 to understand the past few years 
and for those of you who are interested.




12 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for what He's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christine.... (tears!!).... this is/was one of the most beautiful posts I've read in a long time. I'm so grateful for your example of obedience!!! One day - we all will see Jesus!!! I'm excited to read more of your mom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing, but I"m glad you were able to be with her at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a testimony this is, Christine. Dennis and I have loved ones who don't know Christ, so this is a huge encouragement to pray and be prepared to share the gospel. So happy for your mom's conversion and the restoration of your relationship. God is good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful ending. Praise the Lord indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing and so happy she is now with Jesus. God truly blessed your obedience to Him. I know from the passing of my parents that it is truly a blessing to know that I will see them again and they are now in the presence of God. I will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest, I am so very happy you were there for her in her very last days! And to know she excepted the Lord as her Savior! You will now have peace even after years of turmoil of a bad relationship! God is merciful to allow us deathbed conversions!
    Sending you a hug dear friend!
    Roxy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I have tears in my eyes. Praise God!!!!! Just Praise God!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy stories of reconciliation, no matter how long they are in coming. I'm glad you went and glad she was receptive. May she rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No inspiring words come to me to offer you comfort Christine but please know I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful post, Christine. So glad your mom's heart was ready for these words of everlasting life to her. Your own heart must be buoyed at this amazing grace. Sending hugs... Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Christine, I am trying to play catchup with blogging since I have returned from beach vacation with the family. Oh dear lady, I am so thankful and praising God with you that the Lord used you to lead your mama to Christ. Praise His Holy Name. I am so sorry for your loss Christine. All I can think about right now is these words, "For such a time as this". Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails