Monday, July 17, 2017

Suzie Is Back !

Suzie, my sewing machine, has been MIA. 
(I give names to all my "stuff / things", that are dear to me)

To celebrate,
I took my machine outside
 for a little summer, fun sewing.

Ahhh, so enjoyable.

***

The following story started about a year ago.

Kimmy, my daughter, asked me to make her another apron, just like 
the one I made her four years ago.

(click on below for story)
This time she requested a very specific flowered, patterned material. 
I started looking in every fabric store.
I would see something, get excited and send her a picture.
Time after time, it wasn't quite right.
This went on and on.
I even looked when I visited Seattle!

Nothing!

We thought with each new season, something might pop up.
Fall, Winter, Spring and now Summer, nothing!

Then one day I was "touring" a thrift store.
I saw some fabric and knew it was really close!
I quickly sent off a picture to Kimmy.


She liked it!!!
BINGO!

Now, I'm going to have to tell
her where I found it!!

This is our text conversation:

Kimmy: Where did you find it?
Me: Don't laugh, a thrift store.

Kimmy: (sent several Emojies that are laughing, very hard!)
😂 😂 😂

Kimmy: (still laugh,) 
Oh Sorry!
 (still laughing!)

Kimmy: That's great!

Me: And it's 30 per cent off of $6.00!
Today, is Old People Day!

Kimmy: "Is it on a bolt?"

Me: No.  Now...don't laugh!!!!
It's a King size SHEET, 
at least I think it is!

Kimmy: (laughing hysterically!!)
That works!
It would be pretty funny if someone comes over and 
says, "Hey I use to have sheets like that."

Me: (laughing, so hard!)
I think it's a bed cover, not a sheet.
What ever it is, it's BIG.

*****

Well, I bought the bed cover, PLUS the window valance, too!

Tom's motto:
If a little is good,
A lot is better!

So, not to let anyone down,
 I now have enough fabric that I can make an apron each family member, a dress, and still have left overs.



This is the long awaited Cobbler style apron.


~~~~****~~~~



"Be joyful in hope, patience in affliction, 
faithful in prayer."

~Romans 12:12~





5 comments:

  1. Hmm. I am thinking you could wear it as a shirt as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apron Christine. So cute! I am laughing cause I name everything too! Ha! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apron looks good on you, and I like it even better when I know where it was that you found the fabric. I would have chosen that fabric too! You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that material. I had a blouse out of a similar material when I was in high school. I loved that top! The apron is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Christine, that is adorable. I love the pattern. I feel inspired to make some aprons soon. Something I've been wanting to do for sometime. Thanks! xo (I went back and read your first apron post. So neat that Kimmy remembered your apron and asked you to make her one. Love that!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails