Friday, June 22, 2018

Kitchen Remodel Update and Summer Fun


Our kitchen remold is on hold for three weeks.
There is a building frenzy here in Idaho.
There is not enough workers to keep up with the demand.
So, no counter tops for awhile.

No sink!
No stove, refrigerator or 
dishwasher, either!

Here is a guessing game for you.
What do you think this is?
(answer at the end of the post)


We have our wood floors installed!
Love them!

 We have been living in zipper bags!
These are used to keep the 
dust out of other rooms.

They are very tricky to get through.
Both Tom and I have tripped into the next room.
We have them on the TV room and bedroom doors.


But it's Summer and it's beautiful out!


  I was over taking care of our grandchildren.

Craft time!


Silly masks!




Some kiddos just wanted to relax.


Others found other fun things to do.



Back to our remold.
This is how we have been washing dishes


 In the spare bathroom.



OK... time to get the answer .


It's our corner cupboard, without the counter top!

I promise more show and tell. 
as soon as there is more to show and tell.


~~~~~*****~~~~~

"but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense to anyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you: yet with gentleness and reverence,"

~1 Peter 3:15 ~








9 comments:

  1. Hey, I was going to call it a lazy susan, that what my Mom called hers when she had her kitchen remodeled! Hang in there friend it will be worth the long wait!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the tour of your renovations. I figured that funny shaped item was the built in lazy susan. We had a zipper room in our house a couple of years ago when hubby had to find where a leak was coming from in the ceiling. It was easy to trace, but the drywalling and sanding needed the zipper room to keep it all contained. It's almost like camping. All the best as you wait for the next step to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine! Followed you here from your comment on my blog and realize that I do remember you! So nice to connect again. And how exciting this kitchen remodel must be for you.

    But I remember the 5 months when we did this, I think I told someone else it was 9 months but just counted up and realized it only felt like 9 months. But yes, washing dishes in the bathroom sink, cooking in an electric skillet and microwave, the dust, the noise, that feeling of being confined in other spaces that were crammed with kitchen stuff. I remember it well. Fabulous when finished but I never want to do it again. We finished with the final painting the day before Thanksgiving and somehow I managed to pull off Thanksgiving dinner.

    Wish we'd had a lazy susan in the corner, never thought about it. That will be so convenient.

    So glad you have the chance for sweet time with your grandchildren during this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, 3 weeks until they can get back to it. You have a better attitude than I would!

    You mentioned on my blog about hoping to make memories with your grandkids, just as my grandparents did with me. I think you are doing just that right now. Those craft masks look fun.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I'm sorry that it's such a wait to get things moving again. I'm glad you have those special covers over your doors to keep dust out of the other rooms. I have seen those corner cupboards with the enclosure. I've never had one, but it would keep things from falling off the shelves.

    Love that you have some nice time with your grand children this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am in love with your floors! WOW. So pretty Christine. Oh I hate that you have to wait as I have to work on that aspect of my life quite often...WAIT! Girl I love it that you improvise! Granny used to say, "We make do with what we got and how we can do it until we can do it better". TRUE. Love all the pics of the kids. What fun. You do such fun things with them Christine. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, know you will be sooo glad when the kitchen remodel is DONE! Kitchen and bathroom remodel are just tthe worst if you are living in the house while they are going on.

    Love the craft project and will have to remember this for my Grans. Very cute!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy. Hurry up and wait!!! I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just checking in to see how the new house was coming along. I am sure its a balance of family and making memories combined with a huge to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails