Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Opening Day....


Our local Fruit Market opened today!
Family owned and operated, locally grown crops and lots of plants for your garden.



What a thrill!





These buckets are near the checkout stands.
So easy to grab a bunch and put in your cart.



This is the view looking back inside. The outside has all the garden plants.
Oh, the beauty of it all!



Each sign is beautifully handmade.
I could go around reading just the signs.


Don't you just love this sign? Kind-a-says it all!
Oh yes, I'll be back...


~~~~~~Y~~~~~~

~Tidbit~

How to buy a cantaloupe. The first thing you want to do when choosing a ripe cantaloupe is smell it. Ripe cantaloupes give off a sweet, cantaloupe smell that you can't mistake. A ripe cantaloupe with be golden/orange in color underneath and within the outer rind. An unripe cantaloupe will be green underneath. Also make sure the cantaloupe is not too soft, a classic sign of being overripe. The good thing about cantaloupe is that is will continue to ripen. So, if you pick an under-ripe cantaloupe at the market, let it sit on your counter for a few days and it should be ready to eat.


7 comments:

  1. Christine,
    What a lovely fresh market! If I had one near my home I might turn European and shop every day! How blessed you are! Thanks also for the tip on how to choose a cantaloupe, I'm forever picking the wrong one! Thanks to you at least I don't have an excuse anymore!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you! I'm longing for our outdoor Saturday market with the fresh fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to go in the next few days with Lulu and Levi.......want to join us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - I am jealous. If our Farmer's Market opened today it would involve a lot of shoveling. I'll bet you filled that cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way...that won't happen here until June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a feast for the eyes! I've missed you! Thank you for your comments, thoughts and prayers while my computer has been SICK! :)
    I must say that the tiara in the louvre in your last post really put a smile on my face! I will be on the lookout for one of my own for the next time I must clean the "lou" here at my own palace!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Open for Spring!!! How very wonderful is that? That market looks like a very fun place to shop. Makes you want to eat healthy, all those beautiful fruits and veggies!! Here's to being open to spring! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails