Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year, New Calendar and more...

Oh, how I love my Susan Branch calendars.
I save them from year to year.
When I get ready to put up my new calendar,
it is a production.
I get out my colored pens and pour a cup of hot tea.
I spread everything onto the dining room table.
But first I look at all the entries that I have made,
from the previous year.
It's a year in review for me because
my calendar is like a diary.
I write everything on the calendar.

It's fun to see what day someone's birthday falls on.
As I write their name, I think about them and say a prayer for them.
I also write down special events that have happend.
This year I added the birth
of our third grandchild,
 Ila May!
My new calendar is up and waiting for new appointments and special events.


I also decided to get a new address book.

I have been ripping the return addresses off of envelopes and
 throwing them in the drawer.

Look at my new address book!
Well, it's not a cute Susan Branch book,
 but look closely...

It's large print!

So much easier for Tom to read.
(and me)

Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. Christine
    I can see you are jump starting getting organized! I love it that you've saved your calenders. I do that too, but sadly they aren't as pretty as yours. Susan Branch's art is beautiful. They are usually from the bank!
    Yes, like Tom, we are going to large print now too.
    Again, Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rituals like this. And I'd say you needed a new address book. HA! That large print stuff is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Christine! I hope it's a blessed one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too! Even the same calendars! Aren't they so wonderuful! And do you follow her blog? It's on my sidebar if you need the link. :) She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Thanks for my calendar too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen these calendars before. They look very pretty!

    I think I'm going to use a planner for the first time in my life. It's gotten to the point where I need to be able to carry my calendar with me. My brain can't keep up anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered my calendar and can't wait for it to arrive so that I can put birthdays on it, especially the two new birthdays that we will be having this year! I also like the Susan Branch calendars!

    Happy New Year Christine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Christine!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laughing with you on the Large Print..oh my, there also

    I love Mary Engelbreit's calendars and can't seem to throw them away after I use them...too many events on them to toss them...I enjoy going back through them.

    Enjoy your new address book...all the new events and future dates

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your doing your calendar for 2011!! Wow, time flys!! I love that you do everyone's birthday in colors and say a prayer for them... and that Ila May has a day, too this year. Here's to a wonderful 2012, Christine!! blessings to you and yours ~ tanna
    ps I like the idea of the large print address book myself! LOL! Now, if I could just gather up all those torn off addresses myself. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am doing a new address book too, and now how I wish I would have purchased the large print edition. You sure have some fun adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails