Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wedding Shower - Saturday

My Brother-In-Law is getting married this July !!!


He's 55 years old, never been married and is engaged to his High School Sweet Heart.
They rekindled their romance 13 years ago and have been together ever since.


So Tom, (my husband/his older brother) and I are having a Shower this Saturday!
The shower will be at our home and their sister is bringing all the food. Such a deal!


I wanted this shower to be a very special event.
The theme is Black & White.
Everyone is coming dressed in black, white or both.
The couple is dressing in bright colors!


The couple enjoys the Roaring Twenties, really old movies, and Jazz. For the decorations, I found an idea on a blog and tweaked it to go with our theme. I collected jars and printed wedding pictures off the Internet. Then decorated each jar (about 15 total) with black & white ribbons, beads, pictures and white paper flowers.


My plan is to use these as table decorations and to have them scattered all around the house and our backyard.
Some will have candles in them. The others are filled with shredded black paper.






These are durable conversational pieces. Each jar has a different old wedding picture on the front, and on the back, are cute Love sayings. They will (I'm sure) be picked up and admired.




........Bathroom





Mantel.......

.........Coffee table

**************

I needed more Black & White decorations.

When I saw some flags used as added color, in a magazine, I knew that was just what I needed. I went to Target and bought little America flags from the dollar bins. I took the flags off (will use them for July 4th) and added homemade black & white flags. I bought black & white plaid shirts and black & white flowered blouses, all from the thrift store. I used them as the material for my little flags.




I envision using these in flower pots or in flower arrangements.

Tomorrow I will show you our patio! But right now I have to get back to work.


~~~~~~Y~~~~~~

~Tidbit~

To make the most of available space when storing tapered glassware, position every other glass upside down.




1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. I love all of your ideas. The jars look great and I am sure they will create a lot of interest. Congratulations to your brother in law. I can't wait to see all your other creative ideas! I know it will be a huge success!
    DD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails