Monday, August 3, 2009

No RAIN yet, but I've got my Umbrella!




This past weekend we all started preparing for the birth of our 2nd grandchild. Our daughter will be have a Home Birth. There are so many things that you need, to prepare for this type of birth. My job is the food/snacks, drinks, towels (10 of them), Olive Oil, and umbrella.
OK, so you want to know why the umbrella? It's to distinguish which home the Mid-wife will be going to. Pretty clever!


I have been reviewing everything from my Doula class, I took 2 1/2 years ago. I got out all my notes and text books. It is getting very exciting. We have started keeping track of her contractions. When the contractions start, and how far apart. What we are looking for is 4-1-1;
4 minutes apart, at least one minute in length, for 1 hour or more. That's why it is called the
4-1-1 rule. When we have hit that mark, it's time to call the Mid-wife and put up the umbrella!

My bags are packed with all my information and "tools". Now I'm ready to go!
Oh, by the way, we don't know if it is a boy or girl. I'm betting on a boy. Don't know why, but it feels like a boy to me. (Don't tell anyone, but I've been buying the cutest little boy things) If it is a girl, I will rejoice. I think having a sister would be so wonderful. Both my daughter and I don't have a sister, so this would be unique and fun.
It's a win, win situation!

~~~~~~Y~~~~~~
~Tidbit~
When the shower mat begins to look grungy, it's time to soak it in a tubful of warm water and distilled white vinegar. Then give the mat a good scrubbing with a stiff-bristle brush, rinsing thoroughly.

7 comments:

  1. How exciting! I know you must be both nervous and excited all at the same time. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear if it is a girl or boy. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just witnessed my first grandchild being born 6 weeks ago and being with my daughter almost the entire time she was in labor, and coaching her,I know how excited you must be. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it and whether it's a grandson or grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh funny....I just posted about umbrellas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mother,

    I'm excited to see what umbrella you are using. I can't imagine going through all of this without you. Thanks for being my doula and for supporting us during this time....more than you will ever know. No contractions today but hopfully soon. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! WHat an awesome experience it is going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a fun picture!!! And what an exciting time for you and your family!

    We'll look forward to pictures and updates.

    Happiness and hugs for this special time.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your prayers. I do love my family. We have our quirks, but we are a family that sticks together.

    I do have two brothers that live in other states. My youngest is astranged, but we love him and pray for him. He contacts my folks on occasion.

    Did I tell you I tagged you in the Five Things I Love About Summer challenge? I posted it on August 5th and I forgot to go and tell each person that I tagged them. Sorry. I get so tired and forgetful when I read blogs and all each night.

    I hope you'll come back and take part in that challenge.

    I love the umbrella that shows the Midwife where to come ASAP. This is exciting. I'm anxious to hear all about the new baby.

    more later

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails