Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Vacation is over for me...

The sun is shining.
Backyard is cool and comfortable.
And I'm heading back to work (school).
As I look back on my time off, I feel very blessed.
I did things that I loved to do.
Spent time with those that I love.

Now, it is time for me to gear up and get ready
for all those students who will be stepping into
High School.
Some students will be anxious, others scared.
Some will be so excited, some just plain silly.
All of them need to feel that they belong.

And when school starts,
I will be waiting for each of them ...

with a BIG smile.

~~~~~~Y~~~~~~



~Tidbit~
*About 2 weeks before school starts: Begin going to bed and getting up on a school schedule.
*The weekend before school starts: Don't make any stressful plans for big events or trips.
*Don't forget to check out that bus schedule!
*Call your school or organization and get the facts about fall sports teams and social clubs.

12 comments:

  1. Well, your month of vacation certainly flew by for ME, so I know it did for you! ha. I know you will enjoy going back to work, too...it's a ministry all in itself, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    Yes, it is MY ministry and I try to take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly symbolic photo...and, I love your new header photo, too.

    Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those high schoolers are ever so lucky that you will continue to be a support to them and show them such compassion and care. I wish every high school had someone like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer vacation is over already! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time off!

    You have such a great attitude about your job. Those high schoolers must love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like this time....my best friend is leaving me....boo hoo. I love you and have had a great July with you. Thank you for all the love and support.
    Love Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pleasant way to say good bye to summer. You have the best attitude. I am sure your school feels so blessed to have you on board. I wish you a very special year ahead. I cannot believe it is that time again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound so refreshed and ready for all the excitement the new year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be thinking of you as you head back to work. I know your smiling face will relieve the fears and anxiety of both the students and their parents. Good Luck and I hope it is a great year!
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine,
    I'm so glad that summer was full of time with family and friends!
    My prayers will be with you still, as your start back to work. Your love, devotion and guidance for both students and staff speak volumes to those around you.
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails