Saturday, May 21, 2011

"Sign, sign everywhere a sign, breaking up the scenery and blowing my mind"

Title From: The Five Man Electrical Band , hit single, "Signs" in 1971

Tom and I have always enjoyed a leisurely,
 Sunday afternoon drive.
Especially on a nice Spring afternoon.
I make sure to take my camera with me.
 Lately, with gas $$$$ skyrocketing, we are keeping our drives somewhat local.

One of my many quirky passions are signs.
Not just any old signs.
The funnier and more entertaining, the better.


So this time we visited a city close by,
 to check out their signs.


Love this Car Wash because of it's reader board sign.
Every week it changes.


Saw this sign at a Red Robin parking lot.


~First Side~

This sign advertises for a meat market.

~Other side~




 Some people have a really crazy sense of humor.

This might be hard to read.
It says,
 Spring chickens
Winter-ized Pork. (??)

We saw this in the parking lot of a Fruit Market.

Even the Church has a great reader board!


 
And now for my other quirky passion... 

Finding faces in the oddest places!


16 comments:

  1. Christine, love the signs. Enjoy the rest of your day. Jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH and I like to take leisure rides too, but have had to shorten them for the very same reason, Christine. Reading signs is sometime we enjoy too. and you found some great ones, I especially like to read the signs in front of churches..
    Thank you for your visit, and for taking the time to leave me such a sweet note.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had time off for a drive in awhile. I'm looking forward to vacation which we've put off till Sept. I need one NOW!
    :D Love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always seeing signs with crazy messages. Isn't there a magazine that pays for such things? You should send some of your funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the signs, Christine! And, the reference to the song that I am now hearing over and over in my head! LOL! Thank you for your prayers for Amanda and Andrew. They are deeply appreciated. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun browse... always enjoy finding those funny signs......

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute. signs and faces...

    BTW: Thanks for posting your great comment over here on my blog.

    Amen. What a day that will be...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are SO funny! Wouldn't it be fun to have the job to change the sign every week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the church one about being weak. So true.

    Have a great week.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you and Tom had a great time on your drive! Excellent signs, I needed the smile this morning!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post and I love all of the unusual and different signs that you found.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun post. I like to find fun signs, too. And now, I'll have that song stuck in my head for an hour. That's one I remember singing along with my 45 record while holding on to a perfume bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "the sign said long-haired freaky people need not apply...so i tucked me hair up under my hat, and i went in to ask them why."
    i LOVE that song!!
    love your sign pics and love that you and tom had such a great day!! :)
    k and i are off on a little, golfing/dinner/hockey adventure tonight. :) :) :)
    hope you're having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the signs you have posted. My favorites were the meat market and the church sign boards.
    I never knew that sign boards could be a source of passion for someone! Your really out-standing ! Loved your liking for sign boards.Now I will also keep an eye on them ;)
    Song of your Life!
    The Song that describes you the Best!
    http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/theme_song/theme_song_instructions.asp

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how I missed this...too much fun and what a wonderful Sunday drive! Just great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails