Thursday, October 10, 2013

On The Map


My project for this past summer was to build a
Little Free Library.
With the help of our son, Todd,
Tom and I have one in our front yard.

Now, we are officially on the MAP!
It's the first one in Redmond!!

We also received an award!
Library of Distinction
Click on this web site.
(you'll have to scroll down a bit)
The certificate hangs in our living room.


But the real pleasure,
has been all the people we have met. 
I put in a note pad, for anyone to leave a comment.

Here are a few notes that have been left.
I appreciate all the kind words but I have two favorite notes.

The top right, was written by a mother for her daughter.
"I like to read books.Thank you."
The little girl signed her own  name, Natalie.

The other is the one in the middle, bottom.
It says,
"I found this on a late night walk when I was really frustrated w/ work.
This really made my day. Thanks A TON  for making this a nice part of the community."

This has been such a joy and blessing for us.
Recommend it!





15 comments:

  1. I think this is truly awesome. Thanks for doing this... and I don't even live close by. But - what a blessing you are to your community.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift for your community! It feels like a big warm book hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad someone hasn't done something mean to your project. Kudos to you Christine for your faith in humanity that I sometimes lack. I admire your willingness to try. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift you have created, and given to your community, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard about this kind of project and here you are doing it. Wonderful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great way to share!
    So sweet that the folk leave a note of appreciation and congrats on your certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love idea I have seen it somewhere before a while ago and think its a wonderful idea.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see from your map there are three not far from us. I am curious if anyone actually leaves books . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Little Library is stuffed full!
      Sometimes I take out books and restock them when there is room. : )

      Delete
  9. This is such a great idea! You and Tom will be blessing so many! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And, from miles and miles away... it makes my heart smile, too. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love that you're on the "map," Christine. How COOL is that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is one of the best ideas ever! I love that you created such a special gift for your community. You have a big, giving heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails