Saturday, June 20, 2015

More Growing


 Tom built me a raised garden.
I was inspired because the growing season over 
here is L-O-N-G and
 I didn't want to miss out. 
This is the year of experimenting with as many
vegetable seeds as possible.
We had the grand kids over for the afternoon.
I asked each of them,
 what they would like me to plant.
  After their suggestions, we celebrated our "picks" with 
a frozen popsicle. 

Talk about growing.
Look at these guys. 
WOW!

Tom on the other hand...
Well, let's just say,  he had other frozen
treats on his mind.
Kimmy introduce the store,
 Cash and Carry to Tom.
Yes, he bought BOTH, 5 gallon tubs of ice cream.

What a blessing to have room in
 Kimmy and Mark's freezers!
We've been having fun going over on these HOT
 evenings, for a bowl of ice cream.



~~~***~~~

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do,
do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31



12 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are safely back home. Your grandkids are growing like weeds! (Hope there's none of those in your garden.) I have never seen 5 gallon tubs of ice cream. Tell Tom I said to enjoy it! He looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing Tom never knew about the Cash & Carry in Bellevue. :) Gary is jealous of your growing season!

    Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you can actually GROW things because you have the water to do that. We are pretty much reduced to "spitting on our plants' these days.
    Such fun pictures. Wow that is a LOT of ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom's purchase reminds me of a recent trip to Tops when Jim came home with 5 half gallons of ice cream. Buy two get three free. How could you pass that up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...laughing at Tom! But hey, you'll never run out with a stock like that. We have ice cream every night in the summer, too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's some ice cream there, Christine! Love seeing and hearing of memories being made, enjoy your planting, and making more memories!.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoy your posts and even though I don't always get to comment I am rejoicing with you as you and Tom as you get the precious opportunity to watch your grandkids grow, explore and thrive! Such a blessing! Have Tom save me some icecream!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's some ice cream! And good Tillamook ice cream at that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are including the grands in the gardening! I spent 3 hours in the garden yesterday and it really doesn't look that much better. Eventually....
    I wanted to invite you to stop by the Decor To Adore blog as I am currently hosting a giveaway for my treasured readers.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, yesterday in your comment you asked if that was pine straw I was using for mulch,, yes it is good ole' N.C. pine straw, ~smile~ I like it better than any other mulch! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's a lot of ice cream! Good luck with your gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails