Thursday, July 14, 2016

Penny Love #3


"Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and truth."
1 John 3:18



For several years now, I have been making
a Penny Love Jar for 
each grandchild.

A few years ago,
I found the book Penny Love  by Lisa Sours Hale.
While in the store, I read the whole book
and was in 
tears before I finished it.

Now, every time and each time,
I read this story, I cry!

I'm always asked by one of the grand kids 
before I read it to them,
"Are you going to cry?"
I say "NO", but then I do.

Click here to read more about this
charming book and why I cry when I read it.


Lulu has had, her jar for awhile.
Levi has his jar.
 Now, it's time 
for Ila May to get her 
Penny Love Jar.

The fun part is
they get to decorate their jar with stickers.

Ila May with her finished jar.
She even has some pennies!

"I love you too Grandma!"

I love you too,  Ila May!



~~~***~~~





6 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to do. I tried to open the link, but it told me I didn't have access to that page. I will google Penny Love to find out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the penny jar idea! I need to check out the book, too. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read the book. I love a good cry. The jars are so delightful, and Ila May is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ila May is so incredibly cute! She is so proud of her penny jar.

    I have never heard of that book. I wonder if my daughter has...she was a children's librarian at the Meridian Library for 5 years. I am definitely going to look for it. I love a touching read. Will make a good book for when I have grandchildren.

    Have a great weekend.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet idea and another way to connect with those cute grands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful thing to do with your grandkids, making precious memories to last a lifetime!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails