Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Who Are You Going To Call?


Gusts of winds blew through our area!
In the aftermath, garbage cans tipped over,
bunches of leaves blown into corners and our flag got tangled up 
at the top of the pole.

How do you undo a flag that is wrapped around an eagle 
without breaking something?


You call the local fire department!


They came right on time with their 
huge truck, with it's long ladder.


Nampa Fire Department 
to the rescue!!


The Captain helped Tom hoist our 
brand new American Flag.



They were very gracious when I asked 
for a picture! 

(Why do they look so young?)



Off they went.
Just another day at the office.
What next, a cat up a tree?


OH!!

They didn't leave empty handed.
Homemade Banana Bread, 
still warm out of the oven.





🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

The other night Lulu came over and spent the night.


Lulu loves to "play" with my tea sets and cups.

Below, she is holding her favorite tea cup.
It's the one Kimmy gave me.


Banjo and Lulu were inseparable!  








🏉 🐾 🏉 🐾 🏉 🐾 🏉 🐾 🏉 🐾 🏉

I went shopping the other day 
and I got a phone call.

I usually, head to the pet isle, 
where there aren't a lot of customers.
A great place to talk without distributing 
anyone else.

But now that we have a DOG...
not such a good idea!

Banjo got some new toys.


Oh well, Super Bowl Sunday was coming up 
and Banjo was going to be ready!


Touch Down!

He didn't do a victory dance.
He just sat there.


He ate most of his dinner...


But who leaves just ONE nugget of food, 
in the middle of the bowl?


~~~~****~~~~


"But by the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. Against such things there is no law."

Galatians 5:22-23




12 comments:

  1. My, you've had quite the adventure. And your little furry fellow is just being polite. He's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine~

    Wow...you don't have any snow! It is so cold here, and we are suppose to get 4 inches of new snow tomorrow. It's amazing what a difference 300 miles can make!

    That's just crazy with your flag, what a terrible dilemma! I'm so glad you called the fire department. My father was a fireman and I can remember them doing things like that all the time, they love to help out with those kinds of things...loved the photos! I'm sure they loved your banana bread as well, it looked delicious!

    Your granddaughter is just beautiful! Your tea sets are just gorgeous, what a fun way to spend the day. Isn't it funny how kids bond with dogs?! Banjo is so cute, and he looked super impressed with that football toy... ;0) I love dogs!!

    Have a great week!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great fire department service! One of our cats used to eat until he was full and walk away, even if there was only one kibble left. I admired his willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe...glad they got your flag all situated. How nice of them to do that too. I would have never thought to call the Fire Dept. Lulu is loving your teacups it looks like. My grandgirls love to have tea parties. That Banjo is the cutest ever. Hugs and blessings to you. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post. "just another day at the office". love it. And... whaaaa

    One nugget leftover? Saving the best for last. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this sweet post!! The flag was flying high thanks to the fire department. Your granddaughter is adorable and that doggie is so precious! I so appreciate you and your friendship! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I had commented on this. Oops. Guess not. You have to love our first responders. They are there for everything. And they never know if it is dangerous or not. Lulu is adorable with your teacups. She is growing up way too fast. Wasn't she just born the other day?

    My cat leaves one piece of food in the middle of his bowl too. I read somewhere that it is their way of sharing it with you. They leave one piece for someone they love. So feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fire department? Wow...they really are a great group of people. And how cute is your granddaughter? I love that she loves a good tea party! She will definitely have some great memories of those days with you...and your pup!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONE food nugget?? Banjo has a sense of humor! 😆 I love your tea sets!! Beautiful! (Our American Heritage Girl troop is planning a tea party for the end of this month and it's been so much fun!) Yeah, when we had pets, I had to stay away from the pet aisle... toys, toys, toys. 😄 Blessings to you guys! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! And how nice that your fire department fellas did that for you!! God bless them!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. The one piece of food is so funny, Christine, I always leave smiling when I visit you, What a wonderful fire dept. you have and how sweet that you shared the bread, when I read storied like this my faith in mankind is restored, dh and I pray for our . first responders every day.
    I think Lulu and Banjo are both loved a lot!~wink~ And what a great bond they have formed, it is so nice to see girls being girls enjoying the things that we enjoy doing. I still have not grown up yet!~smile~
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. The fire department to the rescue! How great is that? Warm banana bread, perfect!

    Loved all the pics, so darling. Lulu is a beauty and Banjo is a cutie!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails