Thursday, July 14, 2022

New At This...


Learning how to eat from our garden.

Every step is a learning experience.
From how to harvest and how to preserve or use
the produce to it's fullest potential.



We learned how to pickle our first batch of beets.


Tom jumped in to lend a hand (or two).

These are really delicious!


And the best part is,
there are so many more beets waiting in the garden.
Next... we might try canning some.

:::::::::::::::::::::::

The lettuce is doing so well!
This is for dinner tonight, when our family 
comes for dinner!


Menu: Chicken Caesar Salad, crusty bread,
and pickled beets on the side.

At Grandma's house, there is always dessert...
Root Beer Floats tonight.
With tempertures up in the 100's, it will be a perfect dessert.



Freshly picked carrots are a great way to start off the evening.
I hope they washed the carrots first.
 
How do you use your garden produce?

~~~~****~~~~


"If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land."

Isaiah 1:19




 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your garden is wonderful! I didn't do a garden this year. In the past I have grown carrots, radishes, beans, zucchini and one year when I was a kid my grandfather showed my sister and me how to grow peanuts! That was so much fun. I don't know how to pickle or can anything. But I have cooked and frozen veggies that I used all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see what's happening in your garden, Christine. I love beet pickles -- yours look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE beets, Christine! I could eat that whole jar of picked beets all by myself. Love the photo of the boys. This is what I love about boys. . .they know how to pose for photos in unforgettable ways. LOL Root beer float on a hot day??? You bet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom loved pickled beets...and those carrot faces are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so much fun at grandma's house! So sweet. You are doing better at gardening then we are, we have a horrible drought here. I love seeing all of your new produce though! Wonderful! : )

    We love cucuzza, an Italian thing. They are long squash looking things that we peel and put, cubed in a light tomato based soup. We also like our white squash, patty squash roasted in olive oil, garlic powder, salt and peppa. ; )

    Thank yo for sharing, your family is simply adorable and I know a huge blessing. : )

    I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails