Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mini Vacation in the town of Plain, Washington


I was so busy this past week with work (Homecoming) and meetings.
My co-worker invited me to join her at her family's mountain cabin for the weekend.
I couldn't resist the invitation. So we took off Friday, late afternoon.



We drove through Steven's Pass, which so beautiful at this time of year. The fall foliage and views were spectacular. After driving for two hours we reached the very small town of
Plain, WA. This town is so small, that if you blink, you have missed the whole town.

The Hardware Store


The Grocery Store


After a short drive through with more beautiful views, we reached the "cabin".

The cabin that overlooks the Wenatchee River


This is what we looked at, through the cabin windows.





Here is a small tour of the cabin.




See the small couch? That is where I parked my rear. It was close to the fire and I could look out the windows. I read my book, looked at the view, sipped my coffee and texted my family to let them know I was having a great time.

Restful!





Saturday we drove to the Bavarian town of Levenworth,Wa The town is set high in the mountains. I almost expected to see Heidi. Each year in October, the town celebrates October Fest. We were with all the tourist who were shopping. We visited each store and stopped only for something to eat and take pictures.


Herzlich Willkommen!


The fall foliage is incredible!


The views were specticular!

We had so much fun. I saw so many things that would make great gifts. But I kept thinking about the Hardware Store in Plain. It had the best gifts and prices. Don't tell anyone, but I did my Christmas shopping there!


No, I won't forget this Hardware Store, in Plain Washington! And they probably won't forget ME!

THANKS DANA for a great restful and fun weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Mother,
    Looks like you had a blast. I'm so glad you had a chance to take this time for yourself. I'm excited to visit Plain, WA sometime....maybe we can all go together!!
    Love your Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabin and the cute town of Plain look so cozy and quaint. I can see why you enjoyed your weekend getaway so much. What a nice friend to have invited you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a lovely town with such magnificent views! How blessed you are to have an opportunity to get away and relax with your friend!
    Thanks for coming by. Hope you found an idea or two worth trying!
    Many Blessings!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo jealous! Looks like a wonderful weekend. Glad you had the opportunity to get away. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds divine... I'm glad you had a relaxing and restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a wonderful view from the cabin. The towns, hardware store, views, cabin... does Dana need any more friends???? So glad you had a peaceful weekend! God bless- Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL! I love that cabin & the view. I wanted to go to Levanworth, but Snoqualmie Falls was closer.

    I would love a cabin like that. I can dream.

    Glad you were able to get away for a bit.

    As for kids being sick..the school I'm subbing at had some teachers and a lot of kids out last week. So many come back coughing. Especially the kindergartners I help with.

    I read the advice in your other post. So salt water helps a lot? That's simple and good advice.

    I was glad to hear that at my kids' school they are expected to wipe down their desks after every class with anibacterial wipes which are provided for them. Maybe I should donate some.

    Take care,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails