Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Craft Time


First off,
 we have a new center piece
 for our table,
Celery!
Very handy, just grab and go.

:::::

The other day, our son Todd, texted me 
asking for some help.
He wanted some ideas for 
"Table Time" for Trey, my grandson.

I would have Table Time with Trey,
when I babysat him.
It started out as a learning time 
on how to sit and learn.
Mostly, how to sit still for 
a period of time, (30 minutes or so).

Todd has continued this activity with Trey!

So, I jumped at the chance to help Todd.
I found these matching games
 and they looked like fun.
My sources:



 I printed off two of the matching, flower games.
One on computer paper and the other
on a more study paper.
 I then mounted the computer paper onto 
black construction paper.
Contact paper was used to wrap it for 
more durable feel.

This is my method of wrapping.
I cut the corners on a diagonal, after placing
the game face down on the sticky side, 
Then I folded each side.

The "cards" were then cut out.


This is the Cat In The Hat matching game.
You can flip the board over for another
set of hats, to find.


Sure do miss this little guy!
He has grown so much since
 we last saw him.
This is a current picture of Trey
 doing Table Time,
with his dad, the other day.
Trey has advanced way past the sitting and
is more onto learning!

~~~***~~~

"A good person leaves inheritance to their's children's children, but a sinner's wealth in stored up for the righteous."

Proverbs 13:22 





8 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun and such great pre-going-to-school learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is precious and yes, look how big he is. Great verse, I just read that same verse this week. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good idea. The cat and the hat game.
    Celery is a good centerpiece, if it does not vanish. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea for a yummy centerpiece. I may borrow it.

    Clever learning ideas. I thought you would just draw lines to match things but this is better because you can do it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, to teach children at a young age to sit and learn! I love your creative way of approaching it, and that cup of celery looks pretty awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my he has gotten so big! I love your table time ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is heartwarming, Christine. Your son is a good daddy who has a wonderful mom. Trey is a blessed little boy. Celery is very good for you! Eat up, I say! LOL :) Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! We have two grandsons and this would be excellent for them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails