Tuesday, January 12, 2016



LOOK WHAT WE DISCOVERED!

Colored plastic cups in 
FOUR different colors!!

We had the two older grandchildren 
stay overnight.
They were entertained for hours
building towers.
It took skill, patience and
a little help to reach the top.


 The best part was...
watching the tower fall down! 


Another special time was 
watching Lulu bake,
all on her own!
She is gluten free and made baked oatmeal 
with oats that are gluten free!
She enjoys this recipe and decided to
add it to her growing collecting 
of recipes.

 Oh, just one more tower before bed!


::::::: *** :::::::


Tom and I started volunteering. 
It's at drug and alcohol program, 
plus a health clinic.

How fun to do with Tom!
Very rewarding, too! 
It reminds me of the school job,
 I retired from.

I greet those that come in at the front desk.
I also call patients, 
to see how they are doing
and if there is something that we can do
to help them.

Tom says I'm a natural at this.
I told him I did something similar for years, 
so it is easy.
A lot of memories came back from my 
working days.

"Volunteer are paid in six figures,..
SMILES!"
~ Gayla Le Maire~


~~~***~~~

"For you are called to Freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "

~Galatians 5:13-14~

13 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say each grandchild had their own color cup. But building towers? How cool is that! You are one wonderful grandma.

    You sound as if you really enjoy your volunteer job. It's great you and Tom can work together. Isn't it something how your work experience all comes back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, each child did get their own color cups, but they shared with each other. Their parents have done a wonderful job raising our grandchildren!

      Delete
  2. How awesome to find such a cheap source of entertainment! I was thinking that the four different colors would be helpful with them keeping their cups identified, lol! Sounds like you are enjoying blessed days enjoying your grandkids, and so awesome too that you have found a place to volunteer that you are so comfortable with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving those cup towers. Just WOW!

    Sweet little chef you got there, and how fun to volunteer with your man. I so enjoyed my years of volunteering. Very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun cup towers! What a great idea. And that Lulu is going places with that baking. Does she watch the kid's baking championship on Food Network? She'd love it.

    Neat volunteering job....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cup towers are a great way to entertain kids, and it's great for visual and coordination skills, too.

    Bless you for volunteering and sharing your skills and talents that not all of us are blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post because it's real life done so effortlessly. Your grandchildren are so blessed to have grandparents like you. They seem like nice, unspoiled kids. So neat that you and Tom are volunteering your time for such a great cause. Love that scripture! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just recently been missing "working" and look at you jumping right back in. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, what an easy peasy yet fun idea for the kids and grown-ups to! How wonderful that you are volunteering at the center! I bet they all love you!
    Hugs, Roxy
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea! Thank you so much for sharing it. You can be sure we will use it in the near future.

    As for your volunteering, I think it is so important. You two would be a sure blessing to so many, and that is what life is all about. Love the heart attitude I find here, and the love of your God that you share so readily. I enjoy every visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh stacking cups is the best. I will need to find those, I know some grands that will enjoy them. Good for you on volunteering! Your gift is being shared again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No better toy in the world than cups...and did I see purple ones on the shelf? How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails