Monday, April 10, 2017

Sewing Again!


Our grand daughter is turning TEN!
This is a biggie, it's a double digit
Birthday!
I wanted to make a special gift for her.
The last time she spent the night,
 she mentioned that she wanted a nightgown
 and bathrobe like mine.
(my heart melted)

So, off to the fabric store 
to look for cute and girly patterns.
Not easy!

It was hard to find a feminine robe pattern.
Most were unisex types.


I found just the right one that is cute, feminine
 and easy


I had some ribbon that must be old as me.
 I remember seeing it in my mother's sewing basket, when I was young.
(and I kept it all these years!)

It was perfect for the detail trim.
Plus, it added a little history.


I used some eyelet lace to make it even
more girly and feminine. 

I like how the front opening is curved.


Perfect for a young lady
turning ten years old!


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

~Jeremiah 29:11~




9 comments:

  1. Oh MY Goodness... I love it!
    It is the sweetest gift for a little young lady! She will remember it for all her days. And to think you had that ribbon from your own Mothers sewing basket. I really love it all! You did a great job!
    Roxy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Lulu is almost 10! Wasn't she just born the other day? The robe is just perfect. And to think you have ribbon from your mom! That makes it so very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe Lulu is turning ten. Wow. You did a BEAUTIFUL job creating a gift of love for her! Love how you used your mom's ribbon... generations of love. Happy Birthday, Lulu! blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love LOVE! That'll be one happy girl is my guess. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious is that! Such a special handmade gift that will far outshine and outlast any other gift she may get! I love how you added the heirloom ribbon to it as well, so precious. You get five stars for being an amazing grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious! Love how it turned out and she will be so happy. My oldest grandgirl will be 13 this Sunday! They grow up way to fast! Happy Easter. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I say this all the time, Christine, but you really are an amazing grandmother. Your granddaughter will love her special gift and the history behind it. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling robe. I have found that vintage patterns on ebay and etsy offer glorious feminine styles of days gone by. May you enjoy all of gloriousness of spring and a truly wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my goodness, Christine, the gown is priceless, I too love the way it curves! I so envy those who are gifted with their hands, I know you are really going to enjoy sewing for your granddaughter, wishing het the most blessed and happiest of birthdays!
    Thank you so much for visiting me and for taking the time to leave me such sweet notes each time, it means so much to me, I am hoping to get back to blogging regularly, I am so busy trying to catch-up on all my projects that were let go while I was recuperating! Once again thank you for your friendships!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails