Saturday, December 19, 2020

Saying Good-bye to Aunt Bobbie


My Aunt Bobbie, went into Hospice.
Tom and I hurried over to the Seattle area to see her and tell her how much I loved her!

*******

When ever we would travel to Seattle, to see our grandchildren,
we'd make time to take Aunt Bobbie out for lunch.
We'd discuss about what book, in the Bible, we were reading.
She loved to share God and the Gospel with me or anyone!


Lunch was our thing.
Birthdays or just getting together.
Sometimes we'd have tea at her home.
Always praying before we start eating.


We would go out for lunch and we'd both end up ordering the very same thing.


Dessert followed our lunch and it was always,
Lemon Meringue Pie!
This is why it's my favorite pie.


God gives us special people in our lives.
Aunt Bobbie was mine.
 Aunt Bobbie was my mom's older sister.
 But really, she was more like a mom to me most of my life. 
We love each other very much.


Aunt Bobbie always looked so nice and she sewed ALL her  clothes. 
She sewed her swim suits, too!
Kimmy and I were blessed to have several items in our closets made by Aunt Bobbie.
That's where I got my enjoyment of sewing.


Hawaii was her destination for vacations.
She even lived there for several years.


This is our son, walking her down the isle at 
Kimmy's wedding. 

Aunt Bobbie had a huge impact on me!
She became a Christian right after her daughter died.
She prayed for our family, continually.
She would literally get on her knees, everyday and pray.
She gave me Bibles, books and her love

Her biggest accomplishment
 was being a BSF teacher for over 40 years.
But really, it was her impact on me and our family.

****

When we left for Seattle, we bought a Lemon Meringue Pie.
I knew, I needed to share our tradition of
ending our time, with pie. 


When we saw each other we cried.
We were so happy to see each other, again.
Because of COVID, I haven't see her in months.
This was a special reunion!


I stroked her hair,
Read out loud to her, her Bible.


We prayed, reminisced and had pie!


She ate her whole piece of pie.
We laughed!
I then cried, knowing our visit was ending. 
She dried my tears with her napkin.
She told me, "Don't cry."
Still taking care of me.

I told her, if she sees Jesus, go home with him!
A kiss good-bye.




Love You !
  Love You !!
   Love You !!!
(this was our traditional good-bye saying)


~~~~****~~~~


"God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:16


 


 PS: This is a post I did about Aunt Bobbie a few years ago. Click here to read it.







7 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes. The love between you and your aunt is so tangible. There are too many goodbyes here on earth. But someday we will be with the Lord where there will never be another goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....This made me cry...

    What a sweetheart, a precious sweetheart.

    I will pray. So glad you and your husband were able to visit with her...Isn't that something that she was comforting you even though you had gone there to comfort her? It reminds me of my mother...My mom is almost 91. *tears*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post in memory of such a beautiful woman! We have you and your whole family in our prayers, dear Christine! I think we should all have a piece of lemon meringue pie in honor of your Aunt Bobbie! Love and hugs and blessings to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell from your post how much you loved your Aunt Bobbie. Prayers to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{..gentleHug..}}}
    praying for your precious aunt in her journey to going to her heavenly home. and praying for you, friend. bless you dearly. dearly. dearly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!-Sherry!❤️

      Delete
  6. Oh... this is so sweet. Christine, I'm so sorry for your loss, but, how special that you got to see her once last time. I sensed the love you shared was beautiful and long-lasting... and that you will hold these memories near and dear... forever! Blessings to you, this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails