Monday, September 5, 2022

Produce From The Garden


~~~**~~~

I'm ususally up before dawn and "play" in the garden.
I like to call it, Pajama Gardening
Definition: Working in the garden in you PJ's 
before the hot sun pops out.

 
But Tom was nice and took a picture of me dressed and
ready for my day.


Our family, friends and neighbors have enjoyed
some of our bounty.


I had Bumper crops of lettuce and zucchini.
Ate salads everyday.
Gave away multiple loafs of Zucchini Bread.
With plenty zucchini in the freezer.


Lettuce anyone?

~~~~**~~~

Every Thursday night, we have the family over for dinner.
Last Thursday we ate from the garden!
Salad: lettuce, tomatoes, pickled beets, green peppers, cucumbers and
 for dessert, Peach Cobbler.

I am so happy I planted a garden this year.
Now I know what I want to do next year and what I won't be doing.
I even kept a Gardening Journal.

 A little sad to clean out part of the garden.
I do have some late growing 
vegetables popping up!

~~~~**~~~


"For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under the heaven."

Ecclesiastes 3:1






 

4 comments:

  1. You should see me smiling, Christine, I am one of those pj gardeners, I too am an early riser, and love to walk about the garden real early, when I would see weed or a plant that needed attending I would just start working and before you new it time had just flown by and I was dirty.
    Your veggies, and fruit look so delicious, a garden journal is so important for me as I find myself forgetting more lately, I guess it is an age thing!~grin~
    So nice to visit with you, I have been absent from Blogland for a few months, lots of life happenings and busyness!
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so encouraging! I am not very good at gardening, but we did have one the last few years. I am going to keep trying to do better each year. Your produce looks wonderful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to grow a garden this year, but the heat killed everything. You, however, did wonderful! It was so exciting to see all the veggies you got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a home grown meal!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails